Thursday, September 4, 2014

"The words of Christ shall lead you from this valley of pain and sorrow to a far better land"

short excerpt from August 25th letter - rest September 4th letter:

"Our first lesson with Edilberto went pretty well, the Spirit was there and we covered most of the Restoration of the Gospel but he didn't participate much and he has only kept a few commitments.  Our second discussion was best, we totally dropped the plan we'd had and talked about faith and prayer and taught him how to pray.  Then our third discussion, this evening, went really badly.  He stumped us by saying he didn't believe we were God's literal children, so we tried to explain it to him and basically our lesson fell apart.  He is actually going to be our second teacher though, we got our first teacher to tell us, haha.  Adios, mi familia Se amo, Aaron"

Dear Family,

I thought I would just go ahead and write my testimony for you guys in Spanish!  Or as much as I can. Yo se que la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos dias es verdadero.  Yo testifico y yo se que a travez de la Expiacion de Jesucristo, nuestro Salvador, pademos a ser perdonado de nuestros pecados y olividar nuestras penas.  Dios tiene un amor por nosotros que no podemos entendor, El tiene un plan, o El dio un plan para nosotros y por medio de este plan podemos regresar con Dios y Jesucristo en el cielo.  Yo se que Jose Smith era un profeta de Nuestro Padre Celestial y por medio Jose Smith, Dios ha restnado Su Iglesia o La Iglesia le Jesucristo en la tierra otravez.  Yo Leia el Libro De Mormon y yo se y you prometo que este Libro es mas verdadero de alguno libro. Y yo digo estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Translation: I know that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true.  I testify and I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, our Savior, we can be forgiven of our sins and forget our sorrows.  God has a love for us that we can't understand, He has a plan, or He gave us a plan and through (by) this plan we can return with God and Jesus Christ in heaven.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of our Heavenly Father and through Joseph Smith, God has restored His church, or the Church of Jesus Christ on the earth again.  I read the Book of Mormon and I know and I promise that this book is more true than any book.  And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I hope you are all doing okay! A scripture I found that I really love, and it's really just amazing is: Alma 37:45 (I only had Spanish B of M in my apartment when I wrote this and I'm like 99% this is the right one)  It says something along the lines of : "The words of Christ shall lead you from this valley of pain and sorrow to a far better land" I testify that this is true, feast on the words of Christ.  Love you guys!  Aaron



No comments:

Post a Comment