Monday, April 18, 2016

Guess What!!!!!!‏

this was a "joke" Aaron said in our house for YEARS!
Chicken Butt! Ha.. what a dumb joke. This week went well, we`ve been working super hard and we had our recent converts daughter who told us she had a dream where she got baptized. So that was awesome and she is now working really hard to be baptized the 7th of may. The bishop also told us yesterday that they got permission for us to use the chapel this next Sunday even though it`s not dedicated. Entonces, this week we`ll be in the recently finished Turrialba church building! Should be awesome. (For those who don`t know it was under construction to make it bigger, and update it for about 4 months) 

I love being a missionary so much. I know our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us. And He wants to guide and teach us, even though that means we might have problems and trials. I know that He has an eternal perspective when He looks at us, He sees us as we are and He sees how great we can become. I know that He speaks to us, that He calls prophets to guide His children in the true path back to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are true, that both are the word of God given to His prophets. I encourage each and every one of your to study the word of God, especially the most recent word of God, and learn what His will is for you.

Love, 

Elder Lohberg


**Aaron wanted to make peanut butter balls for Randall & his family (the members they live above) so I sent him the recipe a few weeks back - the ingredients were gathered and Randall sent me these pictures from the "event" haha.  Apparently there were some complications as A it was super hot and B they used the wrong sugar! Used processed sugar instead of powdered sugar - the results were not as Aaron had imagined :p haha
"Hi Kim!! How are you? Elder Lohberg wants to know how 
many balls he is gonna get with the recipe you gave...
Aaron: Hi mom. Quick answers, this week were going to the chapel, ya no more high school. It`s not dedicated but we`re going anyways. Josemaria is doing well, paid his tithings last week, we got a youth to start reactivating himself, he has 5 months as a member, marcos has a baptism date for the 30th, and it should be in the chapel. First baptism there, he`s going good. Josemaria`s daughter Rosaura wants to get baptized the 7th but she prayed to see if she needed to be baptized as we advised and she had a vision of herself being baptized like her dad. So she went to work and left at 4:00 in the morning Saturday night, went home and slept and then showed up on time Sunday for church. She`s cool. The families doing okay.. we kind of had a crap lesson.. we taught simple stuff.. so we`re planning on going back tomorrow maybe with members and teach direct lesson 1.. should be good, and invite them to the church this week! NEW BUILDING USH. Ana said they wont be able to be sealed here, but when I come back for vacations yeah haha, she said they just cant pay their tithings still.. but she`s got her whole family doing well, only 1 daughter is less active. It`s been a little rainy lately.. but they say it wont be really rainy until May or June. I understand how the reading goes,,  what I meant to say is that it makes me trunky.. counting down the days basically. 
"Is the dough sticky? It's sticky!!!"

Mom: Oh ok I understand - then don't do it - not worth it :)
wow that's great about the church building!! I'm so happy for JoseMaria then that he is doing well and that his daughter also wants to be baptized! That's awesome!!
Yes - it's pretty easy - what you need is an address where he will live and then on LDS.org you can search the ward/bishop etc - so does he know that info yet - May 7th is pretty soon! AND right after baptism!! yikes! So fast!
Too bad about Anna - hopefully they will get there.  The fact that they are going to church is great - now just to get the rest as it should be would be amazing!  
Oh - that gal you baptized in the area before the Meet the Mormons area - can't think of her name off the bat - but her kid (s?) got baptized! I saw it on facebook!

"I told him that today has been so hot!! Probably it's 
the issue but i'm not sure!!"
Aaron: HOW YOU BEEN MOM? 

Mom: I BEEN good :)  Painting today :p  I painted the trim on the kitchen cabinets - we are going to get countertops put in and fix up the house.  I'm going to paint the red away next in the dining room and kitchen - already did the familyroom - then once that is done - I will paint the red away in the entry/hall area.  Last - I need to paint your room :p
Dad is replacing the drawer slides in the kitchen - and he will be working on the outside of the house - fix up the siding - the front porch and then we need to put a new coat of that paint stuff on the decking.
busy busy busy :p

"Take a look!!"
Aaron: Yeah tatiana, I talked to her it was cool both her daughters got baptized just because the sisters put the date haha.. they`re working with her daughters ex boyfriend too.  

Mom: sorry you guys got the wrong sugar so your peanut butter balls didn't turn out right :(  They were probably super gritty consistency :p  I thought it was funny that Randall was "TASTY! I can taste the sugars!" haha! I was all - "um gag!" haha :p

 Aaron: He doesn`t know where yet, says hes not even sure they`ll let him in, but he said he has a visa. so who knows
"this is the result"
yeah like if we just sucked on them they weren't that bad.. but if not they were like super sugary gritty. 
YES! that is her name! I couldn't think of it!!

Mom: I can imagine!  Are you going to attempt them again??
I laughed when Randall was like "I'm going to taste something from the states!" haha - I told him "this was not a representation of the states :p" haha

Aaron: Idk IF we`ll do them again.. did we used semi sweet chocolate chips, was that right? 

Mom: ya I use semi sweet chocolate chips - I melt them - I put a little shaved wax in mine (so you don't get chocolate on your hands when you pick them up - a trick my grandma did) but I didn't tell you guys to do that - I just kept it simple. 

Aaron: I`m going to runaway and live in CostaRica. Just kidding haha=) El Salvador 

Randall with the Elders on his birthday
Mom: HAHAHA! well - I KNEW you would eventually decide that you LOVED Costa Rica!  You sure didn't want anything to do with it or to return when you first went out - probably the first year or even more! BUT it has grown on you and you now love it and the people there which makes me happy.  Who knows where you will end up once you finish school - but for the next several years you will be in school and I'm sure before long you will be finding a wife and getting married as well (while in school :p) So you will be in Utah for at least the next 4 years - who knows maybe longer if you do a masters program or a special program even in school.
Any thoughts on what you'd like to do for a living? Like what interests you? What you might want to major in?
haha! did you hear about Ecuador having an earthquake?  They said all the missionaries were accounted for so they were all safe thank goodness!

Aaron: Engineering, I might study something like what dad does, for video games because that seems to me like a growing industry. but idk. I talked to Jonathan, and he reminded me that I promised him I`d play games with him once and a while when I was home and I was like.. oh yeah... sure.... so i`ll be playing but limited time definitely. Yeah I heard 

Mom: engineering is a ton of math - but good salary :p  I was thinking you might like computer engineering or some computer sciences.
Did you do anything fun today? you are on sort of late for you.  Who all played soccer last week with ya'all?
Anything exciting happen this week? When is your next zone meeting?

Aaron: We went and helped the old bishop move 3 meters of sand, super hard work at 8:00 in the morning and then we went straight to the bus stop and caught a bus for San Jose, so my comp can renew his visa. We`re here in San Jose still.. because we needed to the write the family So we`re writing you guys then we`re heading to San Jose centro, we`ll buy subway and grab our bus for turrialba (2 hours or 2:30) for traffic.. and then we`ll probably get home like 8:00 or 7:30.. and we`ll see who we can visit nearby the house. Last week we played ball with the bishop, an investigator, the sisters, some of the young single adults, and another investigator, and a recently returned missionary girl, there were like 11 people. we expected more to be honest. 
Zone meeting is 1 every 2 changes now, someone gave me the tip up that the next one we`ll be with president and lunch and everything, it`ll be the week before changes. 

Mom: #buildingmusclesthroughservice how much time do you have? like 20 minutes or so left?  Don't forget your general (although maybe you are already writing that right now! haha!)  No pictures to send? just checking :p

Aaron: yeh like 20 minutes or so. 
i have some but i forgot the cable=P maybe tonight! but they`re just from the service today, I snapped quick photos of the family and the sand we moved 

Mom: you should take a picture with your bishop for sure there.
Wow - is it fun to be in San Jose today? or more trouble than fun? 
So Zone meetings are every other change now and the next one is right before the next change (which that change is right after Mother's day I think) - so when you said someone gave you a heads up - will it be a multi zone meeting then with President? President doesn't come to all the zone meetings then?  I know Adriana had said she was serving lunch for the mission in May - so maybe this is what she was talking about.  - That would mean your meeting would be in San Jose then right?  Are all your zone meetings held in San Jose or are they held in the area you serve in?
I will have dad move the other pictures off so there is plenty of room :)

Aaron: they`re like 5 photos.. Moving sand is hard business.. you find yourself sweating everywhere. My church pants were all wet in the knees part of the FRONT of my pants, the back no. Who understands? I dont. But its awesome to sweat a ton. No. 
It`s a normal zone meeting. Each zone will meet with president alone and have there lunch but he might do ours close to San JOse to make it easier. At least that`s what I`ve heard. 

Mom: awesome general email - makes me so happy to see the love you have for the people there and the joy you are finding in serving as a missionary :)
So - I guess I'm wondering - doesn't president normally meet with you guys on zone meetings? or do you normally not have President attending? Our mission - the mission President attended all the zone meetings. So just wondering.
Ya - I'm sure that was super hard to move all that sand - and having to do it in church clothes is insane!
what kind of meals has your cook made for you this week? 

Aaron: she made us a huge porkchop with salad and rice and beans and yuka (it`s kind of like potato but it`s a root, super delicious.) and then she made steaks-sausages with tortillas rice, mashed potatoes, salad, and beans. I cant remember more than that.. she gave us a pasta 1 day with bread and always gives us icecream afterwards. 

Mom: sounds yummy :)  so you are getting your rice and beans then?? :)  is it like gallo pinto basically? so do you use Lazano sauce still?

Aaron: Nope, well maybe.. i don't know how she does the beans to be honest. But no, it`s separated. different flavor. 
oh she makes fish too, like tilapia.. they eat lots of tilapia here 

Mom: do you like the fish then? is it breaded or how is it cooked?  That's interesting since you aren't by a coast line - so its not like there's a ton of fish because it's fresh caught or anything

Aaron: like idk like on the stove with oil? it`s good though 

Mom: good I'm glad you like  it!! Would be terrible if you had to eat something a lot that you hated. 

Aaron: GOTTA GO MOM, I love you so much! have a good week and we`ll talk next Monday! tell dad I love him=) 

Mom: Ok! Be safe!! Have a great week Aaron! LOVE YOU!!! I will!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment