Monday, July 25, 2016

Well. It´s come.‏

I´m not sure to be honest if they´ll let me write next week. Just in case, we´re going to treat this like my last letter (and next week will just be a tad bit awkward at the worst) 

I´ve been here in Costa Rica for 2 whole years. Preaching the true gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to all the people I could. I´ve cried with the people, I´ve laughed with the people, I´ve been frustrated with the people, and I´ve learned to love the people of Costa Rica. I truly feel as though I´m at home here. I love Costa Rica with all my heart; the food, the culture, the people, the language... everything! But now, I must return to my other home. 

I know with all my heart that this is the true church, restored by our loving Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that we have a prophet in our day, who speaks with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and guide us, that we may follow sound doctrine. I know that the Bible and the Book of Mormon, as well as Doctrine and Convenants and the Pearl of Great Price, along with all else that our Heavenly Father loving gives us through His prophets, is the very Word of Him, our God our Eternal Father. I testify that only through faith in Jesus Christ, and sincere repentance of our shortcomings, as well as baptism by the Aaronic Priesthood and the reception of the Holy Ghost by the Melquisedec Priesthood can we really return to their presence. There is no other way. I declare with all my love and with personal experience to accompany it that ¨the worth of souls is great in the sight of God¨, and any man woman or child who wishes to know if these things are true can, by the power of the Holy Ghost. Through sincere prayer we can come to know the will of our Heavenly Father, and likewise come to know of the truthfulness of the gospel. My humble prayer is that all come unto Christ, and become free of the world and from the sadness, angers, weakness, frustration, loneliness, and filth that we feel here, and that we may become even as Christ is. Let us be an example of the believers. Let us keep the faith (or start our faith, if need be) and fight the good fight. ¨If we keep the faith in the great God, we will see ourselves together further on¨(88 Placentero nos es trabajar) God be with you, ´til we meet again. 

Many thanks, and all my love,

Elder Lohberg 

Last official P-Day - was given permission to see the ocean :) Super excited to see the rest of the pictures from this trip next week :)  Randall said they had to leave at 4:15 am this morning to get there - they visited a beach that is near the Panama boarder - it took them 3 1/2 hours to get there from Turrialba!!



No comments:

Post a Comment