Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Shorter message this week!‏

Hello Everybody,

Everything is super tuanis with my new companion Elder Toledo. We work really well together and we´ve been able to see the Spirit testify to what we teach in our lessons. The other day we were walking down the street in one of the neighborhoods we visit a lot and we saw a lady standing in front of her gate smoking a cigarette. I remembered that one day we passed by and spoke to her and her husband and he sister really quickly when I was on divisions with Elder Aviña but that we hadn´t said much because they didn´t seem interested. Anyways, we passed by and started talking to her about Jesus Christ because, well, it´s Christmas, the time to celebrate his birth. We spoke for about 3-5 minutes and she had remembered the last time we passed by (about 2-3 weeks ago) and I don´t know, from the bat I thought she was either sick or sad, because her eyes looked watery. We were about to leave when I felt prompted to ask if she was sick, or if she was really sad. Instantly, she started to cry and she didn´t explain much but right then and there we testified and promised her that this message we share can help her. We gave her a Book of Mormon and my companion marked a verse for her to read in Ether that talks of a better world. 

Yesterday, we passed by again and talked to her and she told us that she read the verse and it really helped her calm down and she loved the message it had and that she had read the first 4 chapters also. We were like, WOAH,that´s awesome!!! (People here don´t read that much so when they read 4 chapters in a day that´s really good) And we set a day for us to pass by and share a real message with her and her family. I know that this is the Lord´s work, and even though it´s hard sometimes, and there are things that I personally don´t like, the Lord knows what he is doing, and I´m grateful for the opportunity I have to participate. Thanks for everything and I hope you guys have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment